St. Aidan's Abbey is located in the N. Dallas area.
Spiritual transformation.
Social justice.
Neo-monastics.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Prayed For

This morning we prayed for:

a monk, for healing and rest;

our new landlord, for upcoming surgery;

a brother, for wisdom and provision. Below is the email we received yesterday.

I really am sensing God is up to something in the North midwest...I've had 2 pleads from Iowa to help train organic/simple church in the past 4 days or so...another one of my friends, H, who has been a spiritual son to me is pastoring a church in Indiana and has continually asked me to come up there...you all probably know what has happened in Minneapolis as S has come to Christ and the guy we connected with is discipling his former ex-wife Muslim who came to Christ 6 weeks ago( that is the ultimate cliff note version)...He is now feeling like God wants him to start an underground Som. church. Plus, I have connections in my hometown of Sioux Falls SD.

I say all this to say that I feel like God is telling me to go, but to not go alone...A is praying about going...I'm praying about when. Please pray with me and tell me if this resignates with your spirit.

I'm foreseeing a 5 to 7 day trip to hit all these places...not sure how this will work with just starting a new job and school, but relying on Him to answer and provide.


May the peace of the Lord Christ go with you,
wherever He may send you.
May He guide you through the wilderness,
protect you through the storm.
May He bring you home rejoicing
at the wonders He has shown you.
May He bring you home rejoicing
once again into our doors.

+ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen


No comments: